Wednesday 1 May 2013

WELCOME TO THE INAUGURAL POST OF SIT AND DELIVER

Essentially this blog will deliver stand-up material from a sitting position.  You may ask, "Why sit and deliver?"  I would answer,  "Why stand and deliver when the option to sit and deliver is so readily available?"

Frankly, I'm surprised this phenomenon hasn't swept the entire industry. The sit-down humorist enjoys many advantages over the stand-up. One of the most obvious is the comfort factor.  Having led a full and rich life I have had many opportunities to both sit and stand.

While standing was enjoyable for short periods of time, I found it highly over-rated.  I am far more comfortable when sitting. 

In fact, I am most comfortable when lying, but lying and delivering would just be ridiculous, not to mention unethical.


As for the actual delivery part of this scenario, if I fail to make you laugh I will be none the wiser, and sadly sixpence will still be none the richer, (check out their number one hit from the 90's here).


If you're worried about me not hearing your laughter, that's very kind of you, but completely unnecessary since I have my own laugh track at home.


Perhaps the biggest advantage to sitting and delivering is that you get to enjoy this material in the comfort of your own surroundings.  I want you to be as comfortable reading this as I am writing it. I don't know if there is a direct correlation between sitting on your ass and thinking through it but, if there is, our laughter will have emanated from the same place.





Recommended Viewing - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Recommended Listening - The Button-Down Mind of Bob Newhart 

Recommended Reading - Sit and Deliver

2 comments:

TODAY'S POST IS OR THE BIRDS

  ALL BY MYSELF

All Time Favourites